terça-feira, 31 de agosto de 2010

Name In Trend: Karter



Karter is a modern respelling of the name Carter, which is of English origin, and means "one who transports goods".

I must say I'm not a fan of the name Carter, but I find Karter more appealing (I like "K" names). Whilst the name Carter has been around since the 19th century, Karter has only recently made a big splash in the boys popularity ranking.

Here is how the name Karter has performed:














This is a perfect example of a trendy name. Each year it has made impressive gains since it's debut in 2005. This year it jumped almost 100 spots to occupy place #568. Karter won't overtake Carter since that is well established in the top100, but it's always interesting to keep an eye on alternative spellings and how they perform.

Alternatives to Karter I suggest: Kastor, Kester, Parker, Harper, Larter. All very "in vogue" right now.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário